Implementation of the National Cyber Security infrastructure, Cyber Governance, forensics and pentesting training solutions, for the National Cyber Security Agency (NCSA) of Ghana funded by the World Bank.
Origin of Funding
The Government of the Republic of Ghana has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the e-Transform Ghana Project and has applied part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for implementation of operational cyber security infrastructure for the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC).
The scope of the project aims at building and operationalizing an Information Sharing Platform for Incident Response (CERT) and a deployment of a Cyber Platform for the implementation and monitoring of the revised National Cybersecurity Policy & Strategy. Specifically, it includes the implementation of:
A. Forensics and pentesting training solutions
B. Incident management response platform with a workflow to ensure end to end resolution of cyber incidents reported.
C. A contact centre incorporated into the incident management platform to ensure the centre and receive, analyse and process incident reports and other communications from its constituents.
D. A cyber security policy management solution to track progress made in the implementation of the NCSC.
– Survey and study of existing hardware and software
– Identify and full grasp the current situation, needs and gaps
– Requirement gathering and Elicitation.
– System Design
– Systems Development, Configuration and Deployment:
• Information Sharing Centre made of several management modules addressing Subscribers and Users, Cases (incidents), Alerts, Dashboards, MISP data, Connectors (interfaces to other systems), Searches and Queries, and Statistics and Correlations.
• Contact Centre Incidence Response Platform for customer support.
• NCSC CSIRT Laboratory / Cyber Incident Response and Forensic containing the Incident Response Tools, the Cyber Forensic Tools and malware analysis tools to aid forensic examination and to support the forensic capabilities of the associated law enforcement unit of the CSIRT.
• Wall mounted Monitors for incident monitoring and analysis.
• Cyber Monitoring and Evaluation platform to monitor the implementation of cybersecurity initiatives and activities across different agencies/sectors. It allows collecting data and periodic reports from partners, field staff or end users and aggregating and analysing data to generate meaningful reports for the effective decision making.
– Systems Testing.
– Training for the NCSC’s team and System Handover.