Implementation of a Network Cyber Security Operations Centre / Training and Simulation Platform for the Ministry of Communications – Ghana
Origin of Funding
The purpose of this project is to implement the National Cyber Security Operations Centre (SOC) of the Ghanaian government hosted by the Ministry of Communications in Ghana, to monitor the national data center of the E-Government network of Ghana, hosting the different applications and systems used by the different governmental organizations.
In addition, the project includes the deployment of the Cyber Security Training and Simulation Center, to be used for capacity building, research on cyber security as well as training of the different profiles such as basic IT users of the ministry of communication, different public servants of the government, IT administrators or cyber security experts.
This national SOC is under authority of Ministry of Communications which is hosting the two key stakeholders, the NITA (National Information Technology Agency) and the GH-CERT.
– Design and deployment of the Cyber Security Operation Centre
– Development of Cyber-Security Plan including strategy, standards and methodology
– Elaboration of SOC governance model, information sharing and collaboration framework.
– Supply of needed hardware and software
– Installation, configuration, and testing
– Integration with existing applications and systems
– Training of the Ministry team on administration, operation and incidents response.
– Support and maintenance